I have a decision to make. Technically by today but I got an extention.
1) Looking at isotopes in tropical trees to track El Nino. Excellent, freindly advisor. May not be what I want to research.
2)"What are your summer plans? Would you be able to go to Kamchatka late
July to mid-late September? [Part of the problem is I need someone who
can dive into Kamchatka, because that is where my current funding is.]" Nice advisor, studying tsunamis, poosibly going to Ecuador
3)production of a new Geothermal Users Map of Arizona plus what ever thesis I want to pursue. Iffy funding.
4) "Comparing millennial-scale changes in Southern Ocean (South Pacific) sea surface conditions to Antarctica and to the North Atlantic. While most of the Northern Hemisphere and the tropics appear to behave like the North Atlantic on these time scales, it is not obvious how the Southern Hemisphere behaves. There are arguments for it to be in phase and for it to be out of phase. One of Jim White's students is planning to work with me and Scott Lehman on the more recent part of this story, and you could look at the glacial (which could be very interesting)." I haven't talked to this advisor yet.
MEEP!!! Any suggestions???

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home