no one suspects the butterfly...

In retelling my journeys, as in making them, I do not know how to stop -- Rousseau

9.11.2002

I got up early this morning to listen to the radio and make sure everything is okay at home. It is strange to be so far away from everything. Some of the Americans had a candlelight vigil last night at midnight. Eventhough I usually avoid those types of things I went. WE just sat around in a circle in the cold wet grass and discussed our feelings and experiences. A lot of people were very upset over what the campus magazine had said about sept 11 and americans. The problem is, now it is trendy to not like americans of america in the rest of the world. There were a lot of comments along the lines of people didn't deserve to die but america had it coming in the magazine as well as taking about thte american governemnt setting the whole thing up. There has been a lot of orgainized compassion and there were services on campus yesterday but the general attitude apart from sept 11 is that america is a bunch of overconsuming morons. I don't care what people feel the rest of the year but it saddens me greatly that anyone would use sept 11 as a forum to try to make themselves look like a bad ass by bash ing the uninted states. No one deserves to die. Especially innocents. No one deserves to have their memory disrespected because of some childish need for attention. It makes me incredibly sad I don't get angry like so many of the other americans have. Anger has never helped. It just hurts me to see how shallow people can be. The world is not an evil place. There is beauty everywhere. People just tend to ignor the beauty and dwell on themselves. I just wish that everyone who has been affected by any typr of tragity could have a moment of peace and warmth and happyness watching the clouds roll past the stars. Just see beauty and not anger. I am sorry that this went on so long but it worries me when people are selfish and arrogent because some day thay will be in charge of my life and the lives of others. If people cannot see beauty and be happy at 20 yrs old how can they be expected to later in life. My love to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home